Kids Book List: Football Books for Kids and Teens
Are your kids ready for some football? If your kids are football fans, they will love the books on this list of football books for kids and teens:
- T is for Touchdown: A Football Alphabet by Brad Herzog - Packed with facts and richly illustrated, football fans of all ages will enjoy this as a read aloud or elementary reader.
- Kick, Pass, and Run by Leonard Kessler – A classic I Can Read book that provides a simple introduction to football for early readers.
- Miss Nelson Has a Field Day by Harry Allard – In this football story for kids ages 4 to 8, Miss Nelson brings in a substitute to get the Smedley Tornadoes ready for the big game.
- Family Huddle by Peyton, Eli and Archie Manning – This new book was a preseason pick for our family; our youngest kids love Peyton Manning and the rest of us cheer for Eli and the Giants.
- Game Day by Tiki and Ronde Barber – This book gives a welcomed shout-out to blocking backs and the O-line. A family-oriented book for grades 1 to 3 about brothers sharing the spotlight.
- Tough to Tackle by Matt Christopher – Pick any sport and you will find a great book about it by Matt Christopher. This is one of several football books by Matt Christopher for ages 9 to 12.
- Yes I Can! Struggles from Childhood to the NFL by Neil Smith – An autobiography for kids about NFL Pro-Bowler Neil Smith’s struggles with dyslexia.
- Two Minute Drill (Comeback Kids) by Mike Lupica – A book about sixth grade football and friendship from accomplished sports reporter and kids sports fiction author Mike Lupica.
- Football Genius by Tim Green - The first young adult book from former Atlanta Falcon Tim Green, my kids’ favorite sports book author. For ages 10 and up.
- Cover Up: Mystery at the Super Bowl by John Feinstein – Two of our favorite genres-suspense and sports fiction-meet at the Super Bowl. Another great book for sports fans (ages 9 to 12) by sports writer John Feinstein.
- Dairy Queen by Catherine Murdock – A perfect read for teenage girls (grades 6 to 9) who want to play on the football team and date a quarterback.
- Knights of the Hill Country by Tim Tharp - A senior linebacker comes of age in the football-loving hill country of Oklahoma. For readers grade 8 and up.
- Gym Candy by Carl Deuker – A sobering young adult sports book about the lure and dangers of steroids through the eyes of high school football player Mick Johnson.
Buy these football books and other great kids books through Amazon.